A few weeks ago I got myself this amazing piece of literature which took me to places I’ve been before (escape from reality). I love reading novels all types of novels especially fan-fiction. Now it’s time for my second book review!!! My first book review was on “The Ravens Boys” and it turned out great so I’m trying it again. I never got to read the other series for “The Ravens Boys” but I hope I get to soon.
As per the title I am doing a book review on “The fault in our stars”. I got to watch the movie first a few years back and my emotions felt absolutely nothing. Not to sound heartless but when people were crying their eyes out I was smiling and laughing at them (so sorry 😭). That’s cause I rarely feel any emotions from watching movies and most of the time I’m multitasking (don’t we all?). I enjoy watching but I love reading and the book was so much better!
The book was different from the movie as it most of the time is. When books get turned into movies the producers normally change a lot of the scenes and characters. That is when I stop watching the movie because a novelist like me wants to see a reality of the book. It’s such a pet-peeve on my part; when characters don’t match the look of the book (if person A should have blonde hair then in the movie she’s a brunette my heart breaks), or if they were to act a particular way then in the movie it’s blown waaay out of proportion! I’m yet to find a movie that comes close to the book like the “Shadow-hunters movie” NOT the series. Now that one came a bit close. Well, also “The fault in our stars” but the book was on another level.
The book would make me sequel, hug the book, get sad, get a tear in my eye, laugh and just embrace literature. The book has such amazing literature and the words that ooze out of that book makes me want to have a book of quotes from the novel. The characters of the book are relatable on some other level and they talk about depression to make things better. The book talks about sadness in a way that makes it look happy (makes sense?)
It teaches so much romance in such little pages. The novel is captivating and the emotional rollercoaster it took me on was wild. I loved how the writer played with the paragraph structure to make reading even more exciting. How he would add drawing in the book, creative! The words he wrote were so fascinating and they got me wishing I had someone to scream them to 😂 I liked how the writer took us on a journey of sadness but also gave us a dose of romance and happiness throughout the book.
The chapter where the sadness hit hard I still couldn’t put down the book! I got tears in my eyes in the end (I’m guessing everyone has watched the movie). When Augustus Waters died, well of course I knew he was dying, but I was still sad and my heart broke for Hazel Grace.
I’m a writer and I get killing characters to climax the book. It’s still hurts the reads when characters die. Why do I do this to myself? Why do I attach myself to novel knowing my heart is going to break in the end? It’s like stupid me was expecting August Waters to survive 😂 The part for reading the eulogy, your girl was crying there with them!
Some of my favorite quotes
1. Maybe okay will be our always.
2. The risen sun too bright in her loosing eyes.
3. I am in love with you and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you and I know that love is just a shout into the void and that oblivion is inevitable and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust and I k is the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have and I am in love with yo.
4. The world is not a wish granting factory.
5. You say you’re not special because the world doesn’t know about you, but that’s an insult to me. I know about you.
6. I can’t talk about our love story so I will talk about math……..there are infinite numbers between 0 and 1……..there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2…….there are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set…….you gave me a driver within the numbered days and I’m grateful.
7. Without pain, we couldn’t know joy.
8. Omnis cellula e cellula.
9. You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world…….but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.
Those were just but a few of them. You should read the book if you haven’t yet, you will not regret it. Don’t borrow mine cause I’m saving it for a gift 😂😂. Hope you enjoyed the book review because you shall get more. Yesterday there was no blog post because……just because. I shall try to not skip a day in this blog-mas. Stay safe stay happy 💋
Follow my IG page I post updates about the blog
Book of the week
Quote of the week